Sunday, October 24, 2010

Jerome Abramovitch

I'm really pretty into Jerome Abramovitch's work.



It's hard not to - he's doing work in a lot of realms that are already really interesting. Risky but elegant.

His mannequin series is seamless and beautiful. His site has a section of bike portraits, which are also really well done. Additionally his work includes amputees, transgendered individuals, burn victims, and fetish material. In a way I think there is an unavoidable reference to Joel Peter Witkin when photographing these subjects, although the images are handled in a completely different way.

He has covered a broad range of events in the realm of body modification. I've got to say, I'm envious of this.

He is also featured on BME, which I'd say is an honor in the body modification community. The above image is of his electively amputated finger.




These images were screencap'd from his site [sorry!] and I'd really recommend looking at more of them there.

No comments:

Post a Comment